Bumper Crop

Friday, July 21, 2006

Honey from the Tombs!

The subject line is the name of Amy Millan from Stars' first solo album! I have been looking forward to this for awhile. A track called "Skinny Boy" is available for download if you go here.

I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet. I like the song but I think it's just the instrumentation and production that I'm not a fan of. I guess I was expecting something similar to Stars or Broken Social Scene (it's probably a good thing that it's not), but instead this song sounds like Shaye with a guest appearance by Amy Millan. Perhaps it will grow on me. Perhaps it won't. Either way, I'm still going to get this album when it comes out.

Here are the details:

Amy Millan's solo album, "Honey from the Tombs" will be available on May 30, 2006. The album was recorded over three years in three different studios and produced by Sir Ian Blurton. It features performances from the bluegrass band, "Crazy Strings," as well as fellow Stars Chris Seligman and Evan Cranley, Broken Social Scene's Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning, Charles Spearin of Do Make Say Think and Jimmy Shaw of Metric.

Amy will soon embark on a summer tour across Canada and Europe in support of the new album. Please visit arts-crafts.ca for tour dates and more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home